POST-INSTALLED STRUCTURAL REBAR
Hilti Kuwait Engineering Solutions
The primary task of structural rebar in reinforced concrete is to carry tensile loads and avoid brittle concrete failure. Reinforced concrete design assumes that concrete has negligible tensile strength but allows for the design of rebar development length with the following two situations:
- Transferring tensile loads from one bar to another (overlap splice)
- Development length of the tensile force in a bar beyond a node in equilibrium
+965 1844 855Email
French DTA approvals delivered by CSTB, a member of EOTA, recognises Hilti HIT-RE 500-SD and
HIT-HY 200 injectable mortars as products qualified for structural rebar applications in seismic zones
By applying engineering judgment, engineers can use this French approval when designing seismic structural post-installed rebar connections.
- The design bond strength fbd,seism of Hilti mortars considered for use in seismic zones.
- Formatted data for design with Eurocode 2 and Eurocode 8.
- Application limit information (e.g. transverse reinforcement, settings instructions)